Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Well, it's happened already....

It hasn't even been one hour since I sent out a notice about this blog, and already I've misidentified a bird! (That is why I NEED you!)

In the post It's Rough Being a Bird, I was dork and assumed the bird I held in my hand was a juvenile White-breasted Nuthatch (cause they are everywhere, and it has SOME similar traits.)

Thanks to dear ol' Dee Zeller, I am told that I am actually holding a Black-and-white Warbler! I'M HOLDING A BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER?! OMG!! That would be a new species for me, thank you very much. I'm freaking out a little, now!

Lesson learned....NEVER ASSUME! (Thanks, Dee! Love you!)

2 comments:

  1. Alicia, I love your blog, and seeing and hearing about midwest birds. But I'm not complaining about the Cal thrashers, ladderbacks, Gambel's quail, and roadrunners hanging around my yard lately, either! Peace and Love! (that's in honor of Woodstock!) Laraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia,
    I never met you but I am a TOTAL Fan of Morongo Preserve too.
    I love your blog. I am driving east across the country soon and I was blown away by the birds you have seen just around your house. I have been birding a few more years than you but haven't seen hardly ANY eastern birds so I am thrilled to pieces to hear what I might see. I look forward to reading more and had thought about blogging since seeing Julia-Julie. I love what you have done. Take good care and have fun birding Laura

    ReplyDelete