Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fun with my Peeps

Of course, a visit to the desert wouldn't be complete (or tolerable, for that matter) without a morning birding session with my friends at BMCP. I miss them SO much!

The best part of the morning (in addition to the whole family reunion atmosphere, since the snowbirds were back) was getting to see a new species. With a careful eye, one birder noticed that the Yellow-shafted Northern Flicker that we had been watching was missing the normal red markings on it's neck. Using some photos that were taken, it was determined that the Yellow-shafted was actually a Gilded Flicker! Yahoo! New species! It had been years since one had been seen within the Preserve, so it was special for everyone.

Found the Barn Owl!

As always, our morning was topped off with breakfast at the Morongo Cafe. Can't get enough of Betty's Special Scramble and it is always great to see my favorite waitress, Jean. She's the BEST ever.

We filled up half the restaurant!

Betty's Special Veggie Scramble....GONE!

I'd eat here every day if I could....

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking group of people! Very cool! I'm amazed at how invested everyone seems to be in the smallest detail of the birds. Two wings = "bird". That's how I roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swift Girl, You rock.PM

    ReplyDelete