Friday, September 4, 2009

In Good Report

In keeping with my goal of seeing two new species a week, I enjoyed discovering a Yellow-throated Vireo amongst some lakeside trees here at Innsbrook, and I found three Common Nighthawks flying around (I assume, flycatching.) Whoo-hoo!

This is the best photo I could get of the Nighthawks. I'm hoping they will return, so I can get more shots.

Common Nighthawks are so fabulous! I love that bright white stripe under their wings. They almost fly like they are being strung along like a marionette. Kind of floaty-like. Love em, love em, love em!

Hummingbird Moth, another great find

Also, another really neat bird thing I have seen this week was an albino American Crow. It was amongst a flock that was flying away from me over a hay field, so I lost it within seconds. But, HOW COOL WAS THAT! As the flock flew over, I was like, "What the...?" I just about ran off the road!

I swear one of these days, I'm gonna totally bite it, and end up in a ditch or run into a pole.

Really, officer, I was just looking at a bird! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment