Saturday, September 5, 2009

Have Binoculars, Will Act Like Bird Nerd

I had a moment this week.

A moment I'm still reminiscing about, and trying not to feel like a total dork about.

I was visiting the Powder Valley Conservation Area, where they have a fantastic Nature Center. The back wall of the nature center is a window that overlooks a huge bird feeding area. Great place for avian education!

Well, when I entered the building, I stopped and chatted with the volunteer behind the desk. In the corner of my eye I could see birds flying around the feeders, and, of course, I had to see them.

So without thinking, I raised the binoculars that were hanging from my neck to check out the birds...while still standing at the desk...inside...from across the room. Then I heard giggling from behind the desk.

He said, "You must really like birds."

What can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment