Friday, January 8, 2010

Birding Back Home

Shew, I'm feeling better. Finally was able to catch up on my sleep!

One of my favorite things to do in California is birding with the Big Morongo Canyon Preserve group. It's like a family reunion every time I visit.


This Wednesday morning nothing of the extraordinary species showed up in my binoculars, but it was a sweet relief to see my favorite desert birds like the White-crowned Sparrow, California Thrasher and Roadrunner. Oh, and, of course, the Gambel's Quail. I've missed its soft chi-ca-go-go, chi-ca-go-go.

White-crowned Sparrow

One thing I enjoyed on this bird walk was introducing the desert species to a visiting birder from Guatemala. Every bird was new to him. That is always fun (that was me just over a year ago.)

Juan adding new lifers to his worldwide list.

Gorgeous San Bernadino Mountains to the North

No comments:

Post a Comment