Monday, January 11, 2010

Bird Search

While I was in the desert, I got to take some photos of some interesting birds. Now I realize that some of these photos are not all that great (because most of them were pretty far away,) but I had fun searching for the birds and getting shots of them, especially the Burrowing Owl. Check it out!

Here's the Burrowing Owl, as far as my 200mm camera could get him.

Here he is when I digiscoped him. Digiscoping is when you point your camera though the lens of a scope. Amazing difference, eh?

Prairie Falcon

American Wigeon (New species for me!) By the end of the week, I got an other new species; his cousin, the Eurasian Wigeon. Whoo-hoo!

I assisted in searching for a Guinea Fowl, that was seen wandering beside Hwy. 111. We never found him. Bummer! He's obviously been around....

No comments:

Post a Comment