Friday, December 4, 2009

California Dreaming

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT in California right now. This is year long rewind back to Dec. 2008. I'm just reminiscing and wishing. :)

With that said, my BMCP friends are enjoying a day long birding trip to the Salton Sea in SoCal today. My heart aches to be there. Last year's trip was a memorable one for me, so I am a bit sad that I won't be there to make new memories.

So here are some of my photos from a year ago. Just go with me on this one....

Margaret, Jane and Phyllis

White Pelli's

One of my most favorite birding group photos of the BMCP group. Jean Halford, Dan Baumann and their famous scopes.

Great Egrets

Mike Smiley getting into trouble....

Thousands of snow geese.

Me and my Harris Sparrow Cookie

My best memory for the day (other than getting to know my new friends) was getting the Harris Sparrow Cookie Prize. While we were at the Sonny Bono Wildlife Refuge, we were told a rare Harris Sparrow had recently been seen, and to be on the lookout. Everyone had their eyes peeped on the nearby trees looking for the booger while we ate our lunch.

Dan put out the fun challenge to the group that the first person to find the sparrow would get one of his oatmeal cookies. It wasn't even two seconds later, that I looked up and found a LBJ that I didn't recognized. I looked at Mike and said, "What's that?" He said, "Harris Sparrow!"

So, new girl got the cookie for no real work at all. :) Oh, and yes, I do look different now. Let's not talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment