Sunday, March 7, 2010

Swan City

Okay, sorry...someone fell off the proverbial employment wagon. Well, that didn't sound right. I am still employed, but my job mostly entails staring at a computer screen. So, I don't feel like staring at one when I get home (I get bug eyes!) I'll try catch up over the next week!


The next stop on my winter wonderland birding day was the Ellis Island Bay. I was excited about stopping by the ponds because hundreds of Trumpeter Swans had been seen there over the weeks, and now it was my turn!

Sure enough, hundreds were present. They were positioned across the pond, so my photos are not the best, but I think you get the idea of their immense size and beauty.


Until this past winter, I had no idea how common wild swans are around Missouri. I had NOOOO idea. Pretty cool, though. The trumpeter swan was VERY new species for me. Yee-haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment